This week, Chari Smith joins me to talk about nonprofit evaluation, how to build a culture of evaluation, the relationship between music and evaluation, and the AEA conference.
Chari Smith wrote a book! Nonprofit Program Evaluation Made Simple: Get your Data. Show your Impact. Improve your Programs. Sign up for the mailing list to learn more about the book, including the launch date.
Resources & People Mentioned:
- In 4 All blog post on adapting to Covid-19
- Managing applied social research by Russ-eft and colleagues (2017)
- Enhancing the effectiveness of logic models by Jones et al. (2020)
- Northwest Housing Alternatives concept paper: Program Evaluation and Data Culture in Resident Services
- Graphic mentioned - NW Housing Alternatives: Housing Stability Status: This graphic was created as a result of the evaluation planning session with Resident Service Coordinator staff. We wanted to visually depict where their program activities fell on a spectrum of residents that are at a high risk of losing housing to a low risk of losing housing. This graphic was included in their program evaluation plan.
- Data into Dollars: The Intersection of Program Evaluation & Fundraising blog post
- Chari's presidential strand session with AEA president Aimee White on Tuesday, October 27
- New Directions for Evaluation: Organizational Capacity to Do and Use Evaluation
- Two people mentioned: Michael Quinn Patton and Stephanie Evergreen
Music by Matt Ingelson, http://www.mattingelsonmusic.com/Support EvaluLand