Evaluation Job Market with Bradlie Nabours
July 5th, 2022
54 mins 19 secs
About this Episode
This episode I chatted with Bradlie Nabours about how he got into the field of evaluation and his experience applying for evaluation jobs. He also talks about his evaluation experience and provides great tips on applying for jobs in the evaluation space.
Job search & application recommendations:
- Don’t give up. Know your worth. The job process is difficult, but don’t settle and remember it doesn’t reflect necessarily on you. Keep applying!
- Don’t limit yourself in what positions you look for. Expand your horizons.
- Network like your life depends on it! This includes having an online presence and building and leveraging connections with people in your field such as through LinkedIn, EvalYouth (LinkedIn & Twitter @evalyouth_na), and your professors!
- Be a versatile applicant. Build your resume. Seek out learning opportunities to grow as a professional. Be willing to experiment and try new things.
- Email: [[email protected] ]([email protected])
- Twitter: bradn98
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/bnabours
About Bradlie Nabours:
Bradlie is a perinatal health program evaluator at Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital in St.Petersburg, Fl. He works for a federal Healthy Start program focused on reducing adverse perinatal outcomes for black women and their families. He holds a Bachelors of Science in Public Health from Georgia Southern University and completed his Master’s in Public Health with a graduate certificate in Maternal and Child Health from the University of South Florida. He started his evaluation journey while in grad school where he worked as a graduate assistance on the evaluation of a non-profit family violence prevention program. While in grad school his research focused racial disparities in birth outcomes which led him to start his career at the intersection of his research interest and evaluation.
Music by Matt Ingelson, http://www.mattingelsonmusic.com/Support EvaluLand