ThisThis week I am joined by Ann K. Emery about her journeys in evaluation and entrepreneurship. Ann K. Emery is an internationally-acclaimed speaker who equips organizations to get their data out of dusty spreadsheets and into real-world conversations. She now runs Depict Data Studio.
If you’d rather watch this talk, you can do so on YouTube here.
Topics & Resources Mentioned:
- #EvalTwitter hashtag on Twitter (also follow #eval and #dataviz)
- Company of One by Paul Jarvis
- Nina Sabarre presentation on getting into independent consulting
- Independent consulting vs. entrepreneurship
- Teaching (and blogging and YouTube-ing) as a way to give back to the community
- Multiple references to Chris Lysy
- Your Money or Your Life by Vicki Robin
- All the books by Octavia Butler, and the podcast on her parables by Adrienne maree brown & Toshi Reagon with Kat Aaron
- Rethinking consulting from a mindset of abundance, not scarcity
- Farnoosh Torabi on Instagram
- 99 Tips for Creating Simple and Sustainable Educational Videos by Karen Costa
- Soar Beyond the Dusty Shelf Report course
Ann K. Emery is an internationally-acclaimed speaker who equips organizations to get their data out of dusty spreadsheets and into real-world conversations.
Each year, she delivers over 50 keynotes, workshops, and webinars with the aim of equipping organizations to visualize data more effectively.
She has been invited to speak in more than 30 states and 10 countries; more than 3,200 people have enrolled in her online training academy; and she has consulted to more than 150 organizations, including the United Nations, Centers for Disease Control, and Harvard University.
She earned a Bachelor’s degree from the University of Virginia and a Master’s degree from George Mason University.
Ann resides in Florida along with her husband and two daughters.
Music by Matt Ingelson, http://www.mattingelsonmusic.com/Support EvaluLand