ThisThis week I am joined by Ann K. Emery about her journeys in evaluation and entrepreneurship. Ann K. Emery is an internationally-acclaimed speaker who equips organizations to get their data out of dusty spreadsheets and into real-world conversations. She now runs Depict Data Studio.
If you’d rather watch this talk, you can do so on YouTube here.
Topics & Resources Mentioned:
- #EvalTwitter hashtag on Twitter (also follow #eval and #dataviz)
- Company of One by Paul Jarvis
- Nina Sabarre presentation on getting into independent consulting
- Independent consulting vs. entrepreneurship
- Teaching (and blogging and YouTube-ing) as a way to give back to the community
- Multiple references to Chris Lysy
- Your Money or Your Life by Vicki Robin
- All the books by Octavia Butler, and the podcast on her parables by Adrienne maree brown & Toshi Reagon with Kat Aaron
- Rethinking consulting from a mindset of abundance, not scarcity
- Farnoosh Torabi on Instagram
- 99 Tips for Creating Simple and Sustainable Educational Videos by Karen Costa
- Soar Beyond the Dusty Shelf Report course
Music by Matt Ingelson, http://www.mattingelsonmusic.com/Support EvaluLand